I found these and love them! They are adorable turkey desserts made from Oreo cookies. They are easy to make and the kids can do them on their own – or with some help from mom of course! The idea comes from Our Best Bites, and the images are from there too.
These are great to use as desserts for Thanksgiving dinner, for parties and even as place card holders for your dinner table!
Here is what you will need:
- Double Stuff Oreo Cookies
- Candy Corn
- Peanut butter cups
- Chocolate frosting
- Yellow Frosting
- Optional: Red frosting
- Optional: black sprinkles for eyes
Steps to make your Turkey:
1) Grab a cookie and put a tiny bit of frosting inside, this will help hold the candy corn a bit better!
2) Insert your candy corn. It seems that 5 candy corns, smaller tips inserted into the cream center works best.
3) Put a dab of frosting on the opposite end of the cookie from where you just inserted the candy corn, and then secure the cookie to the “base” cookie. Placing the cookies against the wall while they dry may help them keep their shape better!
4) While your cookies are drying open a peanut butter cup (have a parent do this part kids!) – and cut a sliver off of one end.
5) Once your cups are ready, flip your cookies over, but still keep them next to the wall in case the frosting is not completely dry yet. Place a dab of frosting on peanut butter cup and place it on the cookie as shown below.
6) For the heads you will put a dab of frosting on a whopper and attach it to the top of the peanut butter cup.
7) Use a dab of frosting and flue on a white tip of a candy corn for a beak, put 2 yellow dots for eyes and if you would like a smaller black dot for the center of the eye. (You can use frosting, a sprinkle, a mini chocolate chip for the black part of the eye).
8) Once the beak stays put and everything seems to be sturdy, you can stand these cute little guys up and draw on some little feet if you would like. You can even add a little thingie under the neck!
To be extra creative and use them as place card holders, create your place card, adhere it to a toothpick and you can insert that into the center of the cookie!
And here is the final product! For more details, visit Our Best Bites!